- Breakfast: 7:10 - 7:30 AM
- First Bell: 7:30 AM
- Tardy Bell: 7:33 AM
- Dismissal: 2:30 PM
Abbreviated Day/Inclement Weather
The schedule for an abbreviated day is 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. There will be bus service and the cafeteria will operate, but no breakfast will be served.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
The safety of student is our first priority. Please use the designated parent pick-up/dropoff area on the South side of the campus, pull all the way forward before picking up or dropping off children, use the designated crosswalk, and be courteous of other drivers, pedestrians, and staff. Following all staff directions will keep the area safe and set example for students of respecting school personnel.
Children should not be on campus earlier than 7:10 AM, and should be picked up promptly at 2:30 PM. Children who need after school care must be enrolled in RGEC (Rio Grande Educational Collaborative). If a child is not picked up on time (by 2:45 PM), the student may be considered abandoned and the police will be notified and such children may be subject to transportation to a designated state shelter.
Students picked up before the end of the school day must be checked out in the office. Students will ONLY be released to an adult who is listed on the registration and is 18+ years of age. A photo ID is required.
If after school plans change, please contact the teacher or office no later than 1:00 PM. This enables us to ensure the identity of the person requesting the change.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
- Enter the pick-up/drop-off area from Phoenix.
- To pick up or drop off your child, stay in the right hand lane.
- Pull all the way forward to the West gate.
- Pick up or drop off only in the first and second parking space.
- Adults should remain in the car and ready to pull out promptly.
- Once your child is in or out of the car, pull out and continue through to Arizona. Please drive slowly.
- Watch for children and adults.
- To park, please pull into a parking space.
- Use the crosswalk on the west end of the pickup/drop-off line to cross. Please do not cross between cars. Doing so demonstrates to children that this is ok. Most children are too small for drivers to see when they cross between cars. Please be a safe example for our students.
- When backing up from the parking spaces, be extra cautious.
- Please treat the staff on duty with respect. Setting the example of civil and respectful behavior is the responsibility of every adult on campus.
- The main parking lot is NOT a drop-off location. Please keep your children safe.
We know that our pick-up/drop-off area is far from ideal. We recognize that it can be difficult for parents to be patient when they are in a hurry. Please adhere to the procedures above to ensure the safety of everyone. Your cooperation is critical.